Honorable Mention in Glimmer Train’s April 2010 Family Matters competition for the short story, “The Saint of Lost Things.”
Family Stories From the Attic: Bringing letters and archives alive through creative nonfiction, flash narratives, and poetry. Hidden Timber Books, April 1, 2017. Purchase the book at Boswell Book Company, on Amazon, or through Barnes & Noble
Inside | Outside. An anthology of stories and poems by writers at Harwood Place edited by Christi Craig, January 2017.
Loved. Lost. Found. Poetry and essays by the writers at Harwood Place edited by Christi Craig, January 2016.
Writers at the Table II. A collection of poetry and essays by the writers at Harwood Place edited by Christi Craig, January 2015.
Writers at the Table. A collection of essays and short fiction by the writers at Harwood Place edited by Christi Craig, November 2013.
- “In Texas.” Published in audio version in Issue 62 (September 2016) of The Drum Literary Magazine.
- “At the Fence.” Published in Hippocampus Magazine, May 2016.
- “Consistency.” Published in Hippocampus Magazine, December 2013.
- “Noticed. Religious. Old.” Alltopia Antholozine, Harvest Issue, August 2009. Print.
- “The Peninsula.” Published in Streetlight Magazine, September 16, 2016.
- “The Wurlitzer.” Listen to this story re-recorded and set to piano music (played by Nancy M. Williams) on Grand Piano Passion!
- “The Wurlitzer.” Listen to the story online in the January 2014 issue of The Drum.
- “The Continental.” Published in Deep South Magazine, December 6, 2013.
- “The Saint of Lost Things.” Published in the Spring 2013 issue of COMPOSE Journal.
- “If It Wasn’t for Sylvia.” Published in the Seven Deathly Soles Anthology, by 7DS Books.
- “Iron Shadows.” Published in the Fall/Winter Issue of Rose & Thorn Journal, November 2012.
- “Red Velvet Sunday.” Published in Flash Fiction Fridays (2012), an anthology of stories previously read on WUWM Lake Effect’s Flash Fiction Friday series (“Red Velvet Sunday” aired on February 25, 2011). Edited by Robert Vaughan.
- “In the Light.” This Human Condition: A Collection of Flash and Micro Fiction. Petal Pusher Press, July 2010. Ebook.
- “The Lie” (p. 4); “First Lines” (p. 8); “Luck of the Draw – Cake” (p. 39); “Where I’m From” (p. 48); On the Fly: Stories in Eight Minutes or Less. The Lit Star Collective (with introduction by Ariel Gore), 2009. Print.
- The Hour of Daydreams by Renee Macalino Rutledge. Fiction Writers Review, March 13, 2017.
- Leaving Lucy Pear by Anna Solomon. Guest post on Great New Books, October 12, 2016.
- Memoirs of a Muse by Lara Vapnyar. Fig Tree Books. December 2014.
Articles (on Write It Sideways):
- “When Fear is a Good Thing for Your Writing”
- “Telling the Truth in Memoir: More Than Just Facts”
- “Planning Your Own Writing Retreat”
- “You are Here: The Road Map of Writing”
- “Learning to See the Good in Bad Writing”
- “What are the Best Ways to End a Story?”
- “How to Give Meaning to Every Word You Write”
- “3 Ways to Work Through a Difficult First Draft”
- “The Dilemma of the Mother Writer.”
Guest Blog Posts:
- “A Writing Retreat, Place, Atmosphere, and a Nod to the Universe.” Guest post on Lisa Romeo’s blog, November 25, 2013.
- “The Antagonist.” Flash fiction posted on Pam Parker’s blog, Finding Meaning with Words, April 1, 2011 (and that’s no joke).
- “The Streak, Mr. Duck, and a Vision.” Guest post on Beth Hoffman’s blog (author of New York Times Bestseller Saving CeeCee Honeycutt), under her Brava! & Bravo! category. October 2010. Web.
- “Dirt Roads and Pine Trees.” Alltopia Antholozine, August 2010. Print.